Friday, August 28, 2009

Damascus, Virginia


I've just spent a wonderful few days in the town of Damascus Virginia.







The town bills themselves as "Trailtown USA" and you could not find a nicer group of people. Hospitable, friendly, charming!

I took a shave at a local hostel. Let me tell you, there is nothing as wonderful as a fresh shave after weeks of building up the stubble. It reminded me of my days in the work-a-day world when I shaved all the time.

Shaving wasn't such a delightful experience back then because I was prone to razor bumps. Yet another small annoyance of modern day life.
I wrote a little essay entitled How To Get Rid of Razor Bumps.
I hope you enjoy the read.

I'm heading south this weekend as I continue my hike on the Appalachian Trail. Maybe I'll see you!

Best wishes,

Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment